Saturday, May 21, 2011

I think a saw a ghost...chair!

As future-hubs and I prepare for our new home, I must admit, I struggle with what to furnish our new home with.  If future-hubs had his way, our home would be clad in wood paneling and dark leather.  And the home wouldn't be complete without the classic smoking cigar indian statue in the corner.  But since that's not happening anytime soon (he can design his future man cave any way he sees fit), I continue to struggle with the style of our home-to-be. 

I am a traditionalist at heart and love the Louis 16th era for it's simple elegance and grandeur but I do not like applying one era of style as it makes for a dated look.  With the plethora of design inspiration on the web, I eventually found the look that worked for me ... care of Lynne Scalo Design.  I love the marriage of French elegance and modern whimsy, particularly the clean and fresh color palette, modern crystal chandelier, acrylic coffee table... ah heck, I love this entire room!  Did I mentioned my obsession with tufted anything?


What I take away from this room is that you can achieve the perfect balance between traditional and modern by blending modern materials and textures with classic shapes and lines.  It's a look I hope to bring into my new home. 

And in my quest for design zen, I am happy to share my new find: the acrylic ghost chair in the style of Louis XVI.  Is that a fun or what?

Stay well Nation!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment